Sunday, January 4, 2015

Fish Creek


I was surpised to finally find a great auto mechanic who changed out my water pump in a couple days so of course I had to head back out to the desert.  The kids have been talking about going back to the fossil beds of fish creek so that is where we headed.  Looks like borregowrangler and I had the same plan :)



Views looking toward elephant knees

Evidence of the freezing temperatures


The cold is one of the main reasons why I always seem to bring the camper along.  I think it is mostly from my wife who stays home knowing the kids are going to be kept warm.


Thawed out water bowl and the bees started to bombard us.

Soaking up the warm sun
 

We headed out on a loop hike around several of the washes.  It is amazing how at ease you get with directions.  I remember the first time coming out here a bit freaked out how confusing the surroundings can be.

It is pretty cool hiking on top of the bluffs
                           
Fish Creek wash looking southwest

some of the color






some of the fossils we found











our campsite for a couple nights


heading back out through fish creek




No comments:

Post a Comment